Software Developer (VFX C++)
Closing date: Saturday, 31 March 2018
You will be responsible for the development of new functions and technologies, and the testing and maintenance of our existing products. Also, you will work closely with our Product Development Manager, in the delivery of new products to the market. You will have excellent attention to detail, with exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to work under pressure to deliver projects within an expected timescale.
- Maintaining, optimizing and developing existing and new algorithms for our Cinema 4D plugins (existing and any future plugins).
- Adapting the latest research results into practical, production-quality algorithms, code and features.
- Development of high performance, multi-threaded, scalable and robust algorithms and code.
- You will work closely with our development team, product manager, UX designers and QA.
- Managing the development life-cycle from initial requirements to development, beta testing and release.
- Dependent on experience you could be in a role where you support junior developers.
We are looking for the following experience/skills:
- We are looking for a software developer with a broad understanding of 2D and 3D computer graphics technologies and algorithms using C++, GPU processing and advantage.
- A solid understanding of general computational algorithm and standard C++ libraries.
- Thorough knowledge of recent developments and advancements in the area of computer graphics, especially 3D.
- Excellent skills in translating technical and research papers into C++ code.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Perforce an advantage.
One or more of the following:
- Recognised qualification of degree or higher level in a suitable field (e.g. software development, engineering, mathematics, theoretical physics) along with broad knowledge of C++.
- Several years experience in C++ development to a suitable level (e.g. VFX, GPU, application development).
- Present an example a Cinema 4D C++ plugin (or a suitable alternative), script or application that shows your skills.
- Dependable team player who will thrive working in an international team.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills with solid English language skills.
- Reliable, goal-oriented, with a sense of responsibility and quality-obsessed.
- A solid foundation in software engineering using object-oriented programming.
- Fluent in C++ with experience in other languages such as Python beneficial.
- Analytical skills for finding and eliminating software errors.
- Experience in performance analysis and optimisation of highly parallel, scalable systems.
This position includes a competitive salary and great benefits, including pension, bonus and generous annual leave. If you are interested, apply now with your CV and salary expectation for immediate consideration.
Please send a covering letter, and current C.V to email@example.com Deadline for application is 13th March 2018.
We'd love to hear from you. To apply, email us with a copy of your CV.